Translate

Sunday 20 January 2013

Why this blog?



It was the beginning of autumn 2005 when I was told I have Cervical Cancer. At barely 23 years old, with a lot of yet unfulfilled dreams and hopes left behind, the news came as a bolt from the blue and everything that followed made me see life different, become more understanding but  less patient and tolerant in the same time. 

I've been through all the possible emotions, from shock when the doctor told me I had cancer,  desperation and fear when I was told they need to remove my uterus, to anger and despise when I found out the first doctor had made a mistake on diagnosing me with cancer in the first place. 


Looking back, I realize I was somehow lucky, even though "luck" is a word I rarely use or better say, a word that doesn't define me.  After new PAP smear and HPV testing, colposcopy and echography done early December, the outcome was different than what I was told before: Class II PAP smear (atypical cells).  


Mid-December brought me a Laser Vaporization conisation (use of laser to destroy cervical tissue), a few weeks of recovery, a long period of fear and 6-months PAP smears and HPV tests for the following 3 years. January 2008 I started the Gardasil vaccination.


The reason why I started this blog is simple: even though I was spared from this terrible disease, Cervical Cancer did however influence my life. From early September to mid-December, I did have my share of despair and anxiety, anger and disbelief...I was all alone and I hope that you, beautiful WOMAN that reads my blog in search of information and some kind of "comfort" will not be as alone as I was.                                                                                                
                                                                                                                                  
                                                                                                                                          Anna

2 comments:

  1. I found out, that taking herbal treatment is the best to get rid of hpv as soon as i feel the symptoms of hpv is appearing, i took the healing process by contacting Dr onokun for natural treatment it works wonders, amazingly ever since I had the herbal treatment i have not feel these horrible disease anymore and my doc told me the virus is gone, i am glad i finally got cured out from this horrible disease. every hpv or herpes patients should also get in touch with this herbalist Dr to get ride of these disease forever his email address;
    dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 61 years old, I contracted hpv in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassedsome months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr Onokun herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr Onokun he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr Onokun make it possible for me. Here is Dr Onokun email to reach him: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com  he is welled capable of curing terrible diseases.  

    ReplyDelete